Supporting the Private Sector to Promote Regional Development in LAC
The IIC’s Finance and Strategic Planning Division provides complete treasury services (funding and cash management) and offers a wide array of products and services such as local currency financing, syndicated loans with the IIC as the lender of record, and structured finance instruments.
Like the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) and Multilateral Investment Fund (MIF), the IIC is part of the IDB Group. We are legally autonomous, however, and our resources and management are separate from those of the IDB. We are headquartered in Washington, D.C., with staff in ten Latin American countries. The IIC’s mandate is to promote economic development in member Latin American and Caribbean countries by financing private enterprise, with the focus on small and medium-size enterprises.
Reasons to look at the IIC:
- Strong support from its 44 member countries;
- Membership in the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) Group;
- Sound management and financial policies;
- Robust capital structure and a sizeable capacity to overcome adverse situations;
- Sound credit practices;
- Rigorous risk management systems;
- Sound financial structure;
- Ability to preserve its equity;
- Historically accorded preferred creditor status;
- Innovative development programs and initiatives providing specialized advisory services