Supporting the Private Sector to Promote Regional Development in LAC
The IIC’s Finance Division provides complete treasury services (funding and cash management) and offers a wide array of products and services such as local currency financing, syndicated loans with the IIC as the lender of record, and structured finance instruments.
Like the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) and Multilateral Investment Fund (MIF), the IIC is part of the IDB Group. We are legally autonomous, however, and our resources and management are separate from those of the IDB. We are headquartered in Washington, D.C., with staff in eleven Latin American countries. The IIC’s mandate is to promote economic development in member Latin American and Caribbean countries by financing private enterprise, with the focus on small and medium-size enterprises.
Reasons to look at the IIC:
- Strong support from its 45 member countries.
- Member of the Inter-American Development Bank (IADB) Group.
- Sound management and financial policies.
- Robust capital structure and capacity to overcome adverse situations due to its conservative operating policy.
- Rigorous credit practices and conservative risk management policies.
- Ample balance-sheet liquidity.
- Ability to preserve its equity.
- Historically accorded preferred creditor status.
- Innovative development programs and initiatives providing specialized advisory services.