Submit an Investment Proposal
Projects must meet certain criteria in order to qualify for IIC financing. Accordingly, the project must:
- originate in the private sector, preferably small or medium-size enterprises;
- take place in a developing member country of the IIC;
- benefit the local economy;
- show financial viability and profitability;
- provide audited financial statements;
- demonstrate growth potential; and
- comply with domestic labor and environmental regulations.
If you would like to apply for IIC financing, please consider submitting an investment proposal. Applicants are requested to provide general information to enable the IIC to assess their project’s financial viability and developmental impact.
All investment proposals should contain the following preliminary information:
- Company information. Information on company owners and shareholders, a brief company history, information on its management experience, number of employees, and local bank references;
- Brief description of the project and purpose of the loan. Include a description of the project and its objectives, the investment plan, the financing plan, and an itemized estimate of the total project cost;
- Requested financing. Requested amount of financing, payment terms, grace period, and proposed guarantees (description and estimated market value);
- Historical financial data. Provide audited income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements for the past three years, together with an explanation of the criteria used in their preparation (e.g., international accounting standards, local generally accepted accounting principles, etc.), notes to the financial statements and auditor’s opinion, and a list of all financial, commercial, tax, and other contingent liabilities and their terms; and
- Market information. Describe the company’s main products or services, main suppliers, as well as its most significant customers and competitors.
If you prefer, you may use our standard investment proposal template for your investment proposal.
Once your investment proposal is received and has been reviewed, you will be contacted and notified whether your project is eligible for IIC funding. If so, we will request more detailed or specific information at that time.