How to Apply for Small Business Financing
FINPYME Credit program
FINPYME Credit is a reliable source of IIC financing for eligible SMEs. This type of financing is available in the form of standardize small loans in amounts ranging from US$100,000 to US$600,000, with an expedited internal approval process. FINPYME Credit loans can be used for a variety of business purposes, including investments in working capital and fixed assets.
Loans under FINPYME Credit may be senior or subordinated. Senior loans require collateral and a personal guarantee by the business owner. Subordinated loans are granted without collateral, but require a personal guarantee by the business owner and are subject to a premium on the base interest rate.
- Loans in U.S. dollars at competitive fixed interest rates. All fees included in the interest rate, determined at the time of approval and held for 90 days.
- Repayment: Quarterly (principal and interest), or in accordance with the seasonal nature of the particular company.
- Term: Minimum three years, maximum seven years.
Technical assistance for improving financial, environmental, and business management.
At present, the IIC FINPYME Credit program is only available in the following countries:Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Dominican Republic, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago; and Uruguay.
- Eligible businesses include private enterprises in the agribusiness, manufacturing, wholesale, retail and services, construction, and other sectors benefiting the local economy;
- Companies in business for at least three years;
- For senior loans, total gross sales between US$500,000 and US$6 million. For subordinated loans, total gross sales between US$900,000 and US$6 million.
- Export-oriented or import-substitution enterprises and companies whose operations have no material environmental impacts will be given preference.