The IIC’s mission is to promote economic development in its regional developing member countries by fostering the establishment, expansion, and modernization of private enterprises, with the focus on SMEs. Consequently, the IIC accords priority to projects that:
- promote the development and use of material and human resources in regional developing member countries;
- provide incentives for job creation;
- encourage savings and the use of capital in productive investments;
- help generate foreign exchange earnings and/or savings;
- foster management capacity and promote technology transfers; and
- promote broader public ownership of private enterprises by encouraging as many investors as possible to buy shares of SME capital stock.
The text of the Charter is available in the IIC’s four official languages.